We had some special visiters over the week of Mothers Day. There are only 4 kids in my family - all girls and me and my sisters are very close. My sister Sara her husband and the only grandkids live in Vancouver WA so we don't get to see them much and love when they visit. Here are some pictures of my nephew and niece mostly (she's not spoiled at all :) They are both such a fun age - Davey is 6 and Hannah is 15 months.Hannah looks just like her mother at this age. Sitting with my mom (grammy) she is making her silly face. I don't know how Sara taught her this but it is pretty funny. You say Hannah make your silly face and she scruches up her nose, opens her mouth and pushes out her lips showing you her teeth. What a character.
Hannah is so full of energy, she's going all the time - she really never stops. Except mayby to look at a book. She loves books - she will hand one to you and then turn around and back her little bum onto your lap (it is really cute!)
In this picture she was carrying around the wooden letter "B" you see in her hand for a long time and I thought she must really like that - she usually isn't that focused on any one thing for very long. We noticed much later that it was actually stuck on her finger - she didn't mind but it took us some effort to get it off once we noticed.
I made a brownie triffle and was proud of how good it looked so we took a picture of it. (It isn't pretty once you dig into it to serve but soooo tasty) This is very easy to make, I don't like to cook but my Mother taught me well, I do know how, and when I do cook it usually turns out great. I will make something for special occasions. Brad sometimes wishes that I would think that everyday was a special occassion but then he is greatful that he still has a buff 32-34" waist.
- Recipe below - I got this from my sister in-law Camille - she made it once when we were up
- Recipe below - I got this from my sister in-law Camille - she made it once when we were upBrownie Triffle
Make a 9x11 pan of you favorite brownies, cut into bite size squares
2 packages of chocolate or vanilla pudding
Cool Whip
1 package of fresh strawberries
Put a little pudding in the bottom, layer brownies, pudding, whip cream, strawberries and repeat. I try and make each layer thick enough so you see distinct layers on the outside. Many variations of this will work - have fun creating your personal Triffile. Other things we have done, sponge cake, banana bread, chocolate, banana pudding.
Hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day - I know that I am trully grateful for my Mom. She has taught me so much and is always there with advice, knowledge and love for anything I need.









No comments:
Post a Comment