Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy Anniversary


So I really need to be better about blogging on time or in the moment. This doesn't usually happen though. I have it all laid out in my head how I want it to go, the chronological order of things, but my actions usually take longer to catch up. Then I feel crippled like I can't spontaneously write the things down that I am experiencing and thinking of right now because I haven't caught up with the things that happened last week or month or I don't have the right picture I want to attach. I like things to be in order the way I see it in my head - this is frustrating to Brad sometimes, how is he supposed to know how I planned in all out up there. Anyway, Brad and I just celebrated our 6 year Anniversary on August 18th and I wanted to blog about it quickly but I haven't caught up yet from the last two things that I wanted to blog about. I have good intentions but just don't sit down at my computer at home very often. I'm in front of a computer all day at work but when I get home there seems to be a million other things to do.

Soo here is the disclaimer to make myself feel better - Coming soon to the Blog site in front of you - a post with Moab vacation pictures and a post of our trip to Colorado for Brooklyn's blessing - please return to see these upcoming events they will be fun and exciting.

Now on to our feature presentation - I can't believe that it has been 6 years - we didn't do anything spectacular - but taking a break from our repetitive lives and spending a whole day together is always nice and just what we needed. We did do something a little crazy - we went on a date night to Lagoon (they had a special 2 for 1 price after 5pm) and found out that we aren't as young as we used to be. We both love roller coasters and it was fun - Wicked is short but very cool. To prove our age, instead of a whole day we opted to only go for 4-5 hours, we didn't arrive until 6 pm and left around 10-10:30, we road less than 10 rides and sat down for an hour to watch one of the entertainment shows and we were both ok with this. It was the perfect amount of time and we were both ready to leave by the end.


There is no one else that I would rather spend time with than Brad - sometimes I think this makes us a little anti-social but I think a lot of couples are in the same boat. We drove around the Salt Lake Valley a little bit and went out to and early dinner before Lagoon and reminisced about the different places we have lived, vacations and things we have done and little arguments that are pretty funny now. And where did all the time go, we survived 3 years of college together finishing our bachelors degrees , being poor, a tiny 900 sf one bedroom apartment on the third floor, both having two part time jobs and going to school full time and everything in between. Now we have been three years at steady jobs in our respective fields and will have lived in our first home two years at the end of the year. I wouldn't change these experiences and memories for anything now - they were really fun and I'm glad we did it together. However we both decided that we need to take more vacations. Brad is an amazing man who both spoils me and keeps me in check which is quite the job some days. I feel so lucky everyday that I have him and that he loves me. I have had the most wonderful marriage and it just gets better and better each year - I am so looking forward to what the future holds in store for us.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Ya gotta love amazing husbands! Sounds like you have a great one. We need to get together sometime and go to dinner or something! Congrats on 6 fabulous years!!

Shanda said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! You guys are the best! We had a blast last weekend...especially girls night out!