I have been listening to some of the tributes that have been made for his great life and it has touched my heart. President Hinckly was a true prophet of God and touched all those he came in contact with. He was a great example and his smile and positive attitude made you feel so loved.
Gordon B Hinckley 1910-2008
I really liked his message from a devotional he gave at BYU
"Enter to learn, go forth to serve. I invite you, everyone of you, to
make that your motto. Mediochrity will never do you, you are capable
of something better. Give it your very best, you will never again have
such an opportunity. Pray about it, work at it, make it happen . . .
quailfy yourselves for the work which lies ahead. . . Walk
the high road of charity, respect and love for others.
Particularly those who are less fortunate. Be happy, look to the
sunlight in life, reach for the stars. I want to urge you
to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. I
challange you, go forward with faith. A great future lies ahead of you if you will walk in obedience to the commandments of God. "
To me this is the ultimate pattern for our lives and the reason we are here. Enter life to learn and go forth and serve. He always inspired me to want to do and be better. I hope that I can continue to follow his example and guidance in my life as I move forward in my journey here on earth.




No comments:
Post a Comment