Sunday, January 7, 2007

Work & Play - NEW YORK NEW YORK

In 2006, Brad and I passed a benchmark of both working full time at our Jobs for 2 years. Time does fly. We both started new jobs in our respective fields after graduating in 2004 and have been hard at work ever since. Brad is a personal trainer and assistant manager for 24 Hour Fitness at the Trolley Corners location. I work for Mountain Home Development in Lehi, I help in planning and design review of our master planned community called Traverse Mountain.

But enough about work - more importantly we took a fabulous trip to New York in October of this year. We had a blast - We stayed with Ed, Kari and Hazel in their new apartment in Brooklyn and had a world wind time trying to see all the sites we could cram into 10 days. We took over 280 pictures - and here they are.

Just kidding, I will just give you the highlights. I almost don't know where to start we had so much fun and I think saw almost everything from Cony Island to the UN Building. (and yes we had a famous Nathans Hot Dog) We also really liked playing with Hazel - she was soo cute. On Sunday Kari put her hair in pigtails and she looked just like boo from Monster Inc. I wish we would have taken a picture of that. Kari and Hazel came with us to the Statue of Liberty since Kari hadn't been yet. Ed had a surprisingly slower week and we actually saw him as well.

We rode the subway into Manhattan and back every day and got really good at finding our way around. We stayed overnight in Manhattan one night and went to the Broadway Musical Wicked - it was excellent and really funny. We took a bus tour and saw movie and tv sights, we strolled through central park, ate lunch at grand central station, kissed on top of the empire state building, walked across the Brooklyn bridge, ate pizza in little Italy, took a speed boat tour around the island, oohed and awhhed at beautiful buildings and museums, posed with famous people at the wax museum, walked down broadway and saw Times Square, bargain shopped at a street fair and canal street, and dropped dead every night thoroughly worn out from site seeing and walking the streets of New York. If you would like to see all our pictures or hear more about the trip all you have to do is ask. I would love to share.

































































1 comment:

Kim said...

Awesome trip to New York! That is nice you had family to stay with too. WAY FUN!!