Tuesday, June 19, 2007

ASPEN - The newest member of our family

Isn't she cute.
Who wouldn't love this face?
I named her Aspen because I really like the name an she is white like the bark of aspen trees.


She isn't spoiled at all either. I just loved this pink collar with a rhinestone heart.






I have been talking about getting a dog for awhile and warming Brad up to the idea. She is a big responsibility and a lot of work but we are up for it. Brad is really cute with her - and right now she sees him as her personal chew toy.
She came from a breeder in Preston Idaho - They bring there puppies down each summer and sale them from the parking lot of Sportsman Warehouse on the weekends which is right on my way home. She is a pure bread Mini Schnauzer - but she isn't papered becase she is pure white and this is not a recognized color in the show world. Which is ok with us - she is just going to be a great pet.

She was nine weeks old when we got her - Her birthday is April 18th and she currently weighs 4 lbs.

She will get to be about 11-16 lbs when she is full grown and stand about 12"-13" tall.

We are in the process of potty training and just training in general. She is a very quick learner, eager to please and loves to be around people and cuddle when she is tired. We hope we can do a good job - I have been reading a ton about dogs lately. Niether of us had pets growing up so this is new to us - but we do love her a lot. Hope you all enjoy the pics.





5 comments:

Shanda said...

What a cute little dog! How fun to have something small to cuddle!

Amber said...

Amber again- she is SO cute!! Very cute. Dogs are a lot of work but worth the effort to train them. :) Yeah, I don't know how I came across your blog. Don't remember if you told me, but I check in on you. :)

Disco Mom said...

I'm impressed you've taken it on. I never had a dog growing up so I would be very nervous. She is PRECIOUS and I am down with that pink rhinestone collar too!

Collette said...

Me AGAIN! Shane and I just got a puppy two months ago... Neither of us grew up with a dog (Maybe a Thompson thing? My Mom always said NO!) but two months into it we're still glad we did it! For me it's like having twins though! He's as much work as my baby! UGH! And I could do with out the chewing! But just remember a puppy will do ANYTHING for a treat! So when you're trying to get her to do a new trick/training, spoil her with treats and she'll be your little performing STAR! Anyway, Enjoy you're cute little puppy! She's a doll!

Kim said...

You have the cutest dog EVER! I love her!