Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Bloopers

We had a wonderful Christmas - we were in Clinton, Utah with my family. We did get a new camera from Santa so I will have to post the couple of pictures I took. I will also post our x-mas card year in review.
Here are a few funny stories from Christmas - life is always more interesting when families get together
1) I was very good this year and got all of my Christmas shopping done early - or so I thought :)- I ordered my mom a gift on-line in November, checked on it the first of December they said it was on back order but a shipment was coming in on the 20th and they would send it right out so it should get there before Christmas. December 23rd it still hasn't shown up so I call back and they say - oh that item was very popular and is on back order, you probably won't get it until February. What???? Great, so now I have to go shopping on x-mas eve. Good thing I do have a few other ideas for my mom, Brad and I stopped at a couple stores on the way up to Clinton and then finally at Kohl's in Layton. I found the grill pan she wanted but knew she really wanted a purse. I looked through the purses and found 3 good candidates. I picked the one that I thought was the cutest and most fictional. I was very proud of myself for finding such a great gift, good deal 50% off and it would be a surprise to my mom. We get to my mom's and I show my sister Cerissa the purse, she thinks its great and that mom will be excited. Let me remind you it is Christmas eve, my other sister gets home from work around 2:30 pm, she walks in and I notice she has a new purse, it is very cute, but too familiar, I stare a little longer . . . . . . . . . it is the exact purse I just bought my mom!!! I go downstairs and show her the exact purse and she can't believe it either. She says that mom likes her purse but thinks it it too big. Rachel was kind enough to accompany me back to Kohl's one more time to exchange the purse for one of my other options. Kohl's wasn't really crazy thank goodness and lines were not too long. I did get one of my other options and my mom did like it in the end.
2) This is a continuation of the story above. It snowed a lot and our spoiled dog is only 15 lbs and stands about 12-15 inches tall. So we shovel a spot for her to go potty in the yard. I rolled up my pants to shovel and take her out before we went back to Kohl's to exchange the purse. We walked through Kohl's for about 45 minutes looked at all sorts of things went to customer service exchanged the purse and as I am walking away my sister says, "Did you mean to have your pants rolled up?" We both start laughing - my pants were still rolled up from taking the dog out and I had been walking around in public for the last hour looking ridiculous. :) Oh well.
3) Positives of getting Small bite size treats -I feel like I can give Aspen a treat whenever I want because they are so small, good for training, etc. Negatives, they are about the same size as her food, a dark brown color, and could possibly be mistaken for food. My dad is an early morning person - he is usually up around 5 am most mornings. He is kind enough to be quiet when he is up so as not to disturb the rest of us. He is also kind enough to get my dog up and let her sleep in his reading chair with him in the morning. He also tries to help out by taking her out to go potty, on walks and feeding her while we sleep. The plastic bag of treats had been sitting out during the week on the counter - Saturday morning, I did get up and take her to go potty I come back to give her a treat and they are gone. So I ask my dad if he has seen the treats. He says, "No", I say "They were sitting by the leash" He replies, "Those were treats?" "I thought it was her food and I fed her this morning. She was, pretty excited and ate them quickly." So my dog got almost a whole bag of treats for breakfast. No ill side effects except for some room clearing gas - Merry Christmas to Aspen. My dad is already her favorite person because he gives her table food more that the rest of us - so now he really is the favorite. One night while watching a movie with the whole family downstairs - who does she choose to sleep next to and on. My dad - he really is a closet Dog Lover!!!

1 comment:

Janine said...

I love your last-minute shopping story, but the part about your pants made me laugh and laugh.

I love your whole family - reading your blog made me wish we could come back and visit again.

I think my kids have been eating nothing but treats for a week - so one breakfast for your dog?? Not too bad!