So it has been raining and thunder storms every night this last week. While we were up at my mom's we were racing to get to church on time because Rachel teaches primary the first hour and my mom was teaching relief society. We would have been on time too except for one little problem. We step outside and close the door, we are huddled on the front porch because it is pouring rain, one of those 15 minute down pours. (we being me, Brad and my sister Rachel). We only have one umbrella so I say to Brad, "Go and open the car" he just stands there and stares at me. I say, "Hey, go open the car, me and Rachel are not running out to the car under this one umbrella until it is open". Brad says, "Am I driving"? Oh no you mean you don't have the keys. Nope and neither does Rachel. We are locked out and stranded on the front porch in the rain. I had my cell phone because I had to call someone in my ward on the way. But the cell phone is no good because no one takes their cell phones to church. So Rachel finally decides to walk to a neighbors house and hope they haven't left for church yet. So Rachel takes off with the only umbrella. Brad and I are sitting on the front porch and the dogs are going crazy inside wondering why we are just standing outside the door and they are still inside. It was pretty funny. Then we see Rachel drive by with the neighbor and mouth out the car window that she will be right back. The neighbor only had one seat available in her car. So Rachel gets the car keys from my dad and comes back to get us - we finally make it to church and all was well. But remembering the look on
every one's face when we realized we were locked out was pretty hilarious. Good times. Since I had my phone I took a couple of pics on it.
Me and Brad on the porch

Waiting for Rachel to come back after the down pour
4 comments:
Very funny! I love to hear about you and your family. We won't be able to make it to the reunion - too bad.
Oops - we need to go to church right away and Will just came in with his pants off. I think I need to go find a smaller pair!
oh too funny! We have a ton of "locked out" stories. After a while it isn't so funny when you keep doing it to yourself. Oh well . . . ;)
Jenny That story is hilarious! We are back in town and need some acquire time. When can we hang out?
Hey Jenny! I just found your blog through facebook. I've really been missing you guys - we'll have to do lunch again soon. I hope things are going well with you guys!!
Post a Comment