Thursday, July 30, 2009

24th of July - Pioneer Day

We had a lot of fun over the 24th of July - a Utah holiday celebrating us becoming a state. My Aunt Linda and her two oldest granddaughters came into town and we had fun going to lagoon and the rodeo for fireworks.   We also went to the ogden parade that morning and took Aspen.  She did great and loved being there will all the people. 

This is my sister Sara and I on the jumping dragon musical express.  It is in the kids area but was one of our favorite rides - I think we went on it 3 times or more.  It goes forward and backward. 


Here is the group at Lagoon (Sara is taking the picture).  Davey, Katarina, Darrian, Brad and Me.  We just got off the log flume ride.  We all squished into one log and made the biggest splash I have ever had on that ride. 

Here is the swing ride.  This one of all the rides always gets me.  I end up thinking about the possibility of the swing coming off and being flung into the swampy lagoon below.

This is the Samurai - Loved this ride.  I didn't like if the first time I went on it a few years ago and it always seemed to be out of order the last couple of times we have been to Lagoon.  I am glad it was working this time and that I tried it again.

Brad and I in the bleachers at the Rodeo.  The Ogden Rodeo was great.  They had parachuters to kick it off, all the rodeo events, then motor cross bikes at the end doing jumps and of course fire works.  It was crowed but soo fun.

No comments: